English Prepositions (Part III)

English prepositions with correct answers

NoPrepositionsAnswer
1.He acceded _______ my request gladly.to
2.His house is adjacent _______mine.to
3.Everybody was amazed _______ your progress.at
4.The mother is angry _______her daughter.with
5.I am badly anxious _______my result.about
6.He has an aptitude _______ poetry.for
7.The thieves broke _______the bungalow.into
8.He was brought_______ in the lap of luxury.up
9.He backed _______of his promise.out
10.You are asking _______ trouble for nothing.for
11.I shall abide _______ my promise.by
12.I adhere _______ my own principles.to
13.The hunter aimed his gun _______the lion.at
14.He alluded _______his experience.to
15.Your approach _______ this problem is wrong.to
16.He could not arrive _______ any decision.at
17.He called _______ the Principal in his office.on
18.He begged _______ me to leave him alone.of
19.Beware _______pick pocket.of
20.Plague has broken _______ in the city.out
21.He is hard _______hearing.of
22.First deserve _______desire.then
23._______ fair in your dealings.be
24.We should feel _______ the poor.for
25._______ to others as you wish to be done by.do
26.You must cut _______ your expenses.down
27.Look _______ this word in the dictionary.up
28.He made _______ his property to his wife.over
29.She is equal _______ her brother in intelligence.to
30.I shall meet you _______ the airport.at
31.He lives _______ Lahore.in
32.They built a bridge _______ the river.over
33.The period is _______.over
34.When you come. I was going _______ college.to
35.Do not abstain _______ voting.from
36.He is afraid _______ snakes.of
37.You should not back _______ of your promise.out
38.Her brother deals _______ rice.in
39.The police enquired _______ the thief.of
40.We must abide _______ the laws of our country.by
41.He absented himself _______ college yesterday.from
42.The river abounds _______ fish.in
43.He acted _______ my advice.on
44.His behavior did not admit _______ any excuse.of
45.He agreed _______ what I said.to
46.This house cannot answer _______ his needs.to
47.It is useless to argue _______ a fool.with
48.He backed _______of his promise.out
49.We believe _______ the ideology of Pakistan.in
50.He called _______ my house.at
51.He is hard _______ hearing.of
52.She comes _______ a good family.of
53.I am obliged_______ you.to
54.Do to others as you wish to be done _______.by
55.He is ignorant _______ his weaknesses.of
56.He was deprived _______ his wealth.of
57.Put your heart and soul _______ your work.to
58.Never work by fits and _______.starts
59.He is absent _______ college today.from
60.The dog ran _______ the house.into
61.She wore a garland _______ roses.of
62.He was bruised _______ head and foot.from
63.We shall call _______ his house in the evening.at
64.We shall call _______ his house in the evening.of
65.He is content _______ his life.with
66.I am obliged _______ him.to
67.He feels grateful to his friends _______ the help.for
68.He is intent _______ passing the examination.on
69.She died _______ sorrow at her bereavement.of
70.I must apologies _______ you _______ not keeping my word.to, for
71.The party started _______ search _______ the lost child.in, of
72.I am obliged _______ him _______ his kind help.to, for
73.The entire Muslim world rejoiced _______ the success _______ Pakistan Army.at, for
74.Trust _______ God and he will protect you _______ all harm.in, form
75.We often pay _______ our vices _______ the loss of our reputation.for, with
76.He was aware _______ his weakness _______ sweets.of, for
77.We are _______ war _______ them.at, with
78.The teacher stood _______ the back _______ the students.at, of
79.The postman came _______ a letter and knocked _______ the door.with, at
80.We started _______ six _______ the morning.at, in
81.The portrait was painted _______ a famous artist who lived _______ the 16th century.by, on
82.He fill _______ the river _______ midnight.into, at
83.While I was _______ America, he was posted _______ Jhelum.in, at
84.I personally enquired _______ the allegations _______ the accused.about, on
85.I shall call you _______ though it may be contrary _______ you expectation.on, to
86.Beware _______ the dog while entering _______ my house.of, into
87.I am senior _______ you, but you are wiser _______ me.to, than
88.He carried _______ the orders of his officer.out
89.He died _______ heart trouble _______ his house.of, at
90.I live _______ a house close _______ the post office.in, to
91.We drove _______ the town _______ sun set.to, at
92.I do not approve _______ your conduct _______ this matter.of, in
93.I m tired _______ stilling _______ a wooden stool.of, an
94.I am sued _______ sleeping _______ noon.to, at
95.He quarrels _______ me _______ every trifle.with, over
96.It is good _______ you _______ help me.of, to
97.She is not keen _______ going _______ America.on, to
98.He is jealous _______ my efficiency _______ work.of, in
99.You can rely _______ me to stand _______ you always.on, by
100.Please seed _______ a carpenter _______ repair the table.for, to
101.He carried _______ the orders _______his officer.out, of
102.Cholera has broken _______ the city.out, in
103.She burst _______ tears _______ hearing this news.into, on
104.I am grieved _______ his failure _______ the examination.at, in
105.He is confined _______ bed because _______ illness.to, of
106.He has been dealing _______ cloth _______ the last six months.in, for
107.Everyone longs _______ the return _______ good old days.for, of
108.I cannot make _______ the meaning _______sour speech.out, of
109.The train is _______ to leave _______ Karachi.about, for
110.He has been loyal _______ his friend _______ every situation.to, in
111.He sat _______ a stool in front _______ the cage.on, of
112.I am sick _______ his carelessness _______ studies.of, in
113.I have no love _______ friends _______ this type.for, of
114.He is eligible _______ this post due _______ his ability.for, to
115.I am glad _______ the return _______ my son.at, of
116.His actions arc free _______ any motive _______ personal gain.from, of
117.He is apt _______ rely _______foolish friends.to, on
118.He has set _______ a good shop _______ the city.up, in
119.She put the kettle _______ tire _______ boil the milk.on, to
120.He was run _______ a speedy bus.over, by
121.The book is lying _______ a table _______ the corner.on, in
122.The British ruled _______ India _______ a long time.over, for
123.I live a _______ house close _______ the college.in, to
124.He did not wait _______ me _______ the station.for, at
125.I warned him _______ the danger _______ the outset.of, at
126.Will you stand _______ me when I am _______ trouble?by, in
127.He hit me _______ the head _______ a stick.at, with
128.I shall pray _______ your success _______ the examination.for, in
129.He will not part _______ his cycle _______ any cost.with, at
130.They Spent most _______ their time _______ water.out, of
131._______ first, driving on the left is confusing soon get used _______ it.at, to
132.He threw stones _______ the wolves, trying to drive them _______.at, away
133.I paid him _______ the work he did _______ me.for, for
134.It was good _______ you to wait _______ me.of, for
135.There as a small garden _______ front _______ our house.in, of
136.He wants convince you _______ his innocence.to, of
137.He will be _______ home _______ four and five.at, between
138.He is going _______ a trip _______ the world.on, of
139.I left him learning _______ the pillar _______ a cigarette.against, with
140.I shall abide _______ my promise.by
141.I adhere _______ my own principles.to
142.I adhere _______ my own principles.at
143.He alluded _______ his experience.to
144.Your approach _______ this problem is wrong.to
145.He could not arrive _______ any decision.at
146.He called _______ the principal in his office.on
147.He begged _______ me to leave him alone.of
148.He begged _______ me to leave him alone.of
149.Cholera has broken _______ in the city.out
150.They climbed _______ the hill and ran _______ the other side.on, down

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Like Us On Facebook

Popular Posts