English Prepositions (Part II)

English prepositions with correct answers

NoPrepositionsAnswer
1.We have exercises ___________ the end of each lesson.at
2.The power of a tribe depends _________the number of its menfolk.on
3.Their dress was embroidered _________ silk thread.in
4.A scout is loyal _____his country.to
5.He walked ___river bank to enjoy time evening.along
6.We trust ________God.in
7.The beggar was blind _______one eye.of
8.The child was suffering fever.from
9.What is the time _______your watch.by
10.He gave me a cheque _______ five hundred rupees.for
11.The lady was dressed ________black.in
12.I get up early _______the morningin
13.The Headmaster is kind_______ students.to
14.The championship will begin_______the 20th of this month.on
15.He goes_______ school _______ foot.to, on
16.They will go to Arabia ______ship.by
17.We are thankful _______him _______his kindness.to, for
18.The child jumped _______the pool of water.into
19.He was swimming _______the river.in
20.I met him ____ the way.on
21.He is just like a brother _______me.to
22.Let us walk_______ the end_____ the road.to, of
23.He is good_______ Mathematics.at
24.He is at home_____ Mathematics.in
25.I do not agree _______ your proposal.to
26.She is interested__________ literature.in
27.He is fond _______ music.of
28.She is afraid ________darkness.of
29.I am really sorry_______ my fault.for
30.He promised to come back _______ two weeks.after,within
31.I am glad _______your success.at
32.Why are you laughing _______ me.at
33.Eggs are sold _______dozen.by
34.She bought two shirts______ two hundred rupees.for
35.She bought two shirts______ two hundred rupees.since
36.He was absent _______ Monday.on
37.I am fully aware _______the facts.of
38.She belongs _______ a rich family.to
39.The fox disappeared _______the forest.into
40.He lives _______ his uncle and aunt.with
41.The tired travelers rested_______ the trees.under
42.The old man was charged_______ stealing.with
43.The old man was charged_______ stealing.of
44.We were _______war _______the enemy.at, with
45.He was proud________ his wealth.of
46.The knife is made _______ iron.of
47.He is not qualified _______ this post.for
48.I have great regard _______my teachers.for
49.The sun rises ________ the east.in
50.Monkeys live _______ trees.in
51.The fan is _______my head.over
52.He was true _______his words.to
53.He was true _______his wordsto
54.The hunter aimed _______the bird.at
55.Always take care _______your health.of
56.The teacher was angry_______ me.with
57.He was sure_______ his success.of
58.I feel difficulty_______ speaking English.in
59.He was brought up _______Tokyo, _______Japan.at, in
60.The city is twenty miles away _______here.from
61.l am_______ duty.on
62.The house was _______fire.on
63.The servant is faithful ___ his master.to
64.You must be sincere_______ your friends.to
65.I congratulate you your success ________the examination.on, in
66.Open your book_______ page No.47.at
67.India lies________ the east of Pakistan.to
68.The thread could not pass_______ the needle.though
69.The thread could not pass_______ the needle.to
70.Put ___your coat and come _______me.on, with
71.“King Lear” was written____ Shakespeare.by
72.He lives far________ my house.from
73.Early rising is good _______health.for
74.I broke the sad news______ her.to
75.I broke the sad news______ her.with
76.I broke the sad news______ her.to
77.He will be absent _______three days.for
78.He succeeded _______ getting what he wanted.in
79.Please wait _______me till I come back.for
80.Where are you coming _______ ?from
81.She is serious_______ her studies.about
82.She is serious_______ her studies.on
83.She is desirous ________ success.of
84.She is desirous ________ success.on
85.My friend is good________ mathematics.at
86.His uncle has given _______ smoking.up
87.What’s______ Tv.on
88.Everybody is complaining________ load shedding.about
89.He does not concentrate _______ studies.on
90.He prefers milk ________ tea.to
91.He apologized_______ what he did.for
92.Children are fond _______ sweets.by
93.Fill the glass ________ water.with
94.He is married_______ a doctor.to
95.I am tired________ phone calls.of
96.What’s the reason _______ your coming late?for
97.Go_______ working hard.on
98.I congratulate you _______ your success.on
99.What are the advantages ________ eating fruits?of
100.Take interest _______ studies.in
101.We walk _______ the grass _______ the morning.on, in
102.He is not________ home but he is _______ work.at, at
103.He sits___ the table _______ the afternoon.at, in
104.Who is __________ the door? One should not go to anyone’s home____1 2.45 a.m.at, at
105.He is coming _______ August 3. It is very hot August here.on, in
106.I was lying ______ bed due to illness. My mother kept sifting _____bed all the time.in, on
107.He plays cricket _______ the ground _______his holidays.in, in
108.What do you do_________ Eid?on
109.are mangoes _______ this tree _______ summer.on, in
110.I am having my birthday _______ a hotel ______next month.at, x
111.lt’s time_________ lunch.for
112.We believe____God.in
113.We believe____God.on
114.Apply this cream __________your face.to
115.Don’t argue_______ me.with
116.He laughs_______ people.at
117.I have not heard _______ him for a longtime.from
118.They are worried _______ him.about
119.This food is free _______ germs.from
120.I am good ______prepositions.at
121.Why are you angry____me?with
122.Why are you angry____me?to
123.What are you waiting_____ ?for
124.Why do you not take part_______ sports?in
125.I agree ____ your suggestions but I do not agree you completely.to, with
126.Don’t shout_________ her.at
127.What’s the answer ________this question?to
128.What’s the answer ________this question?for
129.there arise or fall _______ crimes?in
130.He is leaving _____ Dubai ____tomorrow.for, x
131.He was absorbed _______ his work.in
132.He is senior _______ me. I am junior _______ him.to, to
133.Your faith and trust _______ God will save you _______ all troubles.in, from
134.He died _______ cancer because he had a habit, _______ heavy smoking.of, of
135.Smoking is harmful _______ health.to
136.Smoking is harmful _______ health.of, to
137.I am surprised _______ your result. You should concentrate! focus _______ your studies.on, on
138.We will fight _______ the enemy if it attacks _______ us.with, on
139.We will fight _______ the enemy if it attacks _______ us.from, for
140.You can always borrow money _______ me. I can provide you _______ all the money you need.from, with
141.depends_______ rains for growing crops when there is a shortage _______ water.on, of
142.What are you thinking _______? Migrating _______ some other place!of, to
143.We should be loyal/patriotic _______ our country.to
144.Maj. Raja Abdul Aziz Bhatti was filled ________the spirit of Jehad.with
145.What are you searching ________? l am in search ____a good pen.for, of
146.What do you learn _______ it? He was blessed _______ a good mind.from, with
147.He thanked me _______ my help. I congratulated him _______ his success.for, on
148.She came _______ her sister. I went _______ his car.with, in
149.English is easy _______ her. She is interested _______ English.for, in
150.You are like a brother _______ me. I have so much love _______ you.to, for

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Like Us On Facebook

Popular Posts